Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the primary international airport serving the city of Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States. It is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Atlanta and covers an area of 4,700 acres.
ATL is one of the busiest airports in the world, with more than 107 million passengers passing through its terminals in 2019. It is a major hub for Delta Air Lines, which operates a large portion of the airport’s flights.
The airport has two terminals: the Domestic Terminal and the Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal. These terminals are connected by the Plane Train, an automated people mover system that runs 24 hours a day.
In addition to its passenger facilities, ATL also houses several cargo facilities and serves as a major logistics hub for the southeastern United States.
Rent car in Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
To rent a car at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, you can follow these general steps:
- Make a reservation with a car rental company ahead of time: To ensure availability and secure the best rates, it’s recommended to book a rental car in advance of your trip. You can reserve a car online, via phone, or through a travel agent.
- Arrive at the airport and proceed to the rental car center: After landing, make your way to the Rental Car Center, which is located off-site from the airport terminal. To get there, follow the signs for Ground Transportation and take the SkyTrain to the Rental Car Center. The train is free and runs 24/7.
- Go to the car rental counter of the company you made a reservation with: Once you arrive at the Rental Car Center, go to the car rental counter of the company you booked with to complete the rental agreement and pay any fees.
- Pick up your rental car: After completing the rental agreement, the rental car company will direct you to the appropriate parking area to pick up your car.
- Return the rental car: When it’s time to return the rental car, follow the signs for Rental Car Return at the Rental Car Center. Park your car in the designated area and return the keys to the rental car company.
- Take the SkyTrain back to the airport terminal: After returning the rental car, take the SkyTrain back to the airport terminal.
It’s worth noting that Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has several car rental companies located at the Rental Car Center, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. You can compare rates and reviews online to find the best rental car option for your needs.
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport car rental reviews and directory
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport has a variety of car rental companies to choose from. Here is a list of some of the major car rental companies available at the airport:
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
As for reviews, customers can leave feedback on the car rental companies through websites such as Yelp, Google Reviews, and TripAdvisor. It’s always a good idea to check these reviews before choosing a rental company to ensure a smooth rental experience.
Tips for renting a car
Here are some tips for renting a car at Atlanta Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport:
- Book in advance: It’s always a good idea to make a reservation ahead of time, especially during peak travel seasons. This ensures that you’ll have a car waiting for you when you arrive.
- Choose a reputable rental company: Stick with well-known rental companies to ensure that you get a reliable car and good customer service. Some popular options at Atlanta Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
- Check for discounts: Many car rental companies offer discounts for AAA members, military personnel, and other groups. Be sure to check for any available discounts before making your reservation.
- Consider the size of the car: Make sure you choose a car that’s large enough to accommodate your group and luggage. If you’re traveling with a lot of people or equipment, you may want to consider renting a van or SUV.
- Read the rental agreement carefully: Before signing the rental agreement, make sure you understand all of the terms and conditions. Pay attention to the rental period, fees, insurance coverage, and any restrictions on where you can drive the car.
- Inspect the car before driving away: Before leaving the rental lot, inspect the car for any damage or scratches. Take pictures or video of any pre-existing damage so that you don’t get charged for it later.
- Follow the return instructions: Make sure you know where and when to return the car. Fill up the gas tank and remove all of your personal belongings before returning the car to avoid additional fees.
- Consider using a rental car shuttle: If your rental car company is located off-site, consider using a rental car shuttle to get there. The shuttles run frequently and are free to use.
Getting a rented car
To get a rented car at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, you should follow these steps:
- After arriving at the airport, follow the signs to the baggage claim area and https://rentcars.buzz/ retrieve your luggage.
- Follow the signs to the Rental Car Center (RCC) located at 2200 Rental Car Center Parkway.
- Take the SkyTrain from the airport terminal to the Rental Car Center. The SkyTrain runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is a free service.
- Once you arrive at the Rental Car Center, proceed to the rental car counter of the company you made a reservation with.
- Complete the rental agreement and pay any fees. Be sure to ask any questions you have about the rental process, such as fuel options or tolls.
- After completing the rental agreement, the rental car company will direct you to the rental car area to pick up your car.
- Inspect the car for any damages or issues before driving off the lot. If you notice any problems, notify the rental car company immediately.
- Follow the signs to the exit and exit the Rental Car Center.
Return of a rented car
To return a rented car at Atlanta Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport, follow the signs for “Rental Car Return” as you approach the airport. The rental car center is located at 2200 Rental Car Center Parkway, College Park, GA 30337.
Once you enter the rental car center, follow the signs to your rental car company’s designated area. When you arrive at the designated area, park the car in a designated spot and remove all personal belongings. Be sure to take any personal items from the car before you turn it in. You may also need to leave the keys in the car or hand them over to an attendant at the rental car company’s desk.
After returning the car, the rental car company may provide a shuttle bus to take you back to the terminal. Allow for extra time to return the car and catch your flight, especially during busy travel periods.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of renting a car at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport include:
- Convenience: Having a rental car waiting for you at the airport is convenient and can save you time.
- Mobility: Having a rental car gives you the freedom to explore the city and surrounding areas at your own pace, without relying on public transportation or ride-sharing services.
- Cost-effectiveness: Depending on the duration of your stay and the places you plan to visit, renting a car can be more cost-effective than using other transportation options.
- Comfort: Renting a car can provide you with a comfortable and private mode of transportation.
Disadvantages of renting a car at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport include:
- Cost: Depending on the rental company and the type of vehicle, renting a car can be expensive, especially during peak travel periods.
- Traffic: Atlanta is known for its traffic, and navigating the city can be challenging, especially if you are not familiar with the area.
- Parking: Finding parking can be difficult and expensive in some areas, especially downtown.
- Additional fees: Be aware of additional fees that may be charged by rental companies, such as for additional drivers, fuel, and insurance.