We live in a world where we can get almost anything a heart desires by simply ordering it online and having it delivered straight to our doors. Not so much for the legal cannabis industry, who – through no fault of their own – have had to engage in some workarounds to make purchasing a simpler and more convenient process for consumers.
For example, in legal states, many dispensaries will allow consumers to place orders online, then have it delivered by a third-party service like Eaze or Nugg. How consumers order and pick up cannabis is evolving every day, especially given the new reality of Covid-19. For the time being at least, dispensaries are being granted a little more latitude to keep consumers and workers safe by allowing people to order online or over the phone and pick up curbside.
Cannabis has been legalized in a growing number of nations across the world, with more added to the list each year. Each country possesses its own laws, so it is beneficial to know their regulations before making any purchases. In Canada, varying regions have their own codes to follow on how much cannabis a person can purchase, the age you have to be to consume cannabis legally and how many plants you can grow personally.
If you choose to purchase cannabis online, there are several things to look out for to ensure that you are protecting yourself, including your health, keeping your financial information secure, and that you are buying your product from legal sources.
Why should you purchase legal cannabis?
- You can be assured that the product you consume is safe; products purchased from legal retailers meet strict rules set by federal and provincial/territorial governments.
- You help keep profits out of the hands of criminals and organized crime.
- Organized crime groups use profits from illegal cannabis sales to support other criminal activities that harm our communities including human trafficking, firearms trafficking and expanding the illegal drug trade.
- Your purchase will be delivered safely and securely.
- Your financial information is secure.
What are the consequences of purchasing illicit cannabis online?
- You expose yourself to potential legal, safety, and health consequences that could result in harm to yourself or others around you.
- You risk having your financial information in the hands of criminal entities.
- You risk having the products you purchased interdicted during shipment.
How do you know if an online cannabis retailer is illegal?
- Requests that payments be made by e-transfer or cryptocurrency
- Products are shipped anywhere in Canada
- Retailer uses a generic email address (i.e., gmail, yahoo, Hotmail)
How to determine whether a website is not trustworthy?
- The site looks poorly designed and unprofessional
- The links and the back button are broken or disabled
- The website displays no contact information (e.g. phone number, email, address)
- The return policies or privacy policies are either unclear or not stated
- Your credit card credentials are being requested for reasons other than your purchase
- The item prices are incredibly low (i.e. unbelievable deals)
- The shipping, duties, and extra charges seem abnormal
Warning Signs and of an Illegal Online Delivery Service
There are some giveaways that will clue you in as to whether a company selling weed online is legit. For example, beware of amateur-looking websites. A quality and legitimate website should have a professional appearance and should be free of rookie mistakes like typos or incongruent language. A licensed service should have a listed (and verifiable) license number. Cost is another factor. Does it seem like it costs a lot more than legal products, or even much less? Will they ship anywhere, even to non-legal states?
The larger issue about buying weed online is related to your health and well-being. In 2019, vape carts from the illicit market killed 42 people and sickened more than 2,100. With Covid-19 quite literally in the air, knowing where your weed comes from and how you get it is more important than ever.
And last but not least, buying weed online from legal businesses, and not from some stranger you “met” on Facebook or Instagram, protects you from getting tangled up with law enforcement. Be safe out there. As always, consume – and buy – thoughtfully.
Canada offers some of the best quality cannabis out there. With the current markets expanding and the advancement of technology, so does the number of consumers seeking a convenient way to purchase weed. Buying online will provide more variety or a wider selection of cannabis made available to you right at the tip of your fingertips. Customers can now conveniently order cannabis straight from an online dispensary Canada-wise. Instead of going from store to store, it will take just a few clicks to complete an order and have your purchase delivered straight to your doorstep.
To help, we have listed below a guide on buying cannabis online.
Understand the value
Study the different kinds of strains available on the market when you look to buy weed online Canada-wise. These are online outlets that provide quality products with a broad range made available to their customers. Certain cannabis consists of distinctive levels of Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The majority of dispensaries offer Indica, Sativa or hybrid strains. You have to know what you are looking for. If you want to experience the ‘high’ feeling, start with products infused with larger concentrated amounts of THC. All products sold should have all the necessary information, and be tested for harmful chemicals and pesticides to ensure their purity.
Analyze the prices
For first-time cannabis buyers, it is vital to compare the rates of various strains available online. Buying cheap weed Canada wise might not always be the best idea. Look for dispensaries that offer competitive prices, great value for money, and the best deals. Be aware that a high-end product will also, in turn, be more expensive. Take into consideration the shipping charges and delivery time. Certain online dispensaries provide loyalty points or cards that may come in handy with future purchases.
How do they deliver?
Seek out well-established online cannabis dispensaries in Canada who have a long-running clientele. They will be more experienced in delivering products safely to your doorstep. The cannabis company should make use of practical packaging that promises personal privacy and that your order will reach you in time, safe and fresh. Read on the company shipping guidelines. Purchase only from an online dispensary that offers reasonable delivery rates and assistance in case of any untoward circumstances.